Thursday 14 February 2013

Introduction

India is a country with a diverse and ancient culture and heritage. The myriad patriotic songs from different regions eulogizes the lyrical beauty, its rich history, culture and the spirit of freedom struggle.

With nostalgia and pride, I have compiled this list of patriotic and inspirational songs from my school days.

Some of the translations are original and some of them
have been borrowed. Contents on this website have been referenced from Kendriya Vidhyalaya Almanac, wikipedia and various other blogs and websites.

I first put this blog in the early 2000.. Just after my college. And to my surprise even today my blog and the collection standsout. Every time around Independence and Republic Day, a lot of visitors check out and that motivates me to keep this site going.

Jai Hind !!


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work sir....... I too learned patriotic songs of 18 languages under NCERT community singing program in the year 1988-89 in Mahabubnagar district.
    I too try to send you some scripts of songs...... if possible please upload.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dad, G.S. Rathod from Delhi, was a part of that program called 'NCERT's National Choir'. He was one of the singers in the cassette that NCERT recorded in Delhi for purpose of training other school teachers all over India. I remember tunes of all the songs till today!

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear.. they were gem of songs...

      Delete